Slipping and falling down on the floor is pretty common than most people think. In most of these cases, the accidents happen inside the house. The likely culprit? The tile floors.
The Australian Tile Council says that “non-slip” tiles are non-existent. You cannot buy tiles like this. While functional, durable and seamless in appearance, factors like the design of the tiles, environmental elements such as water and dirt, or damages to existing tiles, can make the floors slippery and cause accidents.
The biggest anti-slip treatment is ensuring that the tiles have been properly installed following proper protocols and building codes from the very beginning. Remember, however, that care and maintenance also have a lot to do with it.
Below are some anti-slip solutions to floor tiles:
Regular cleaning and maintenance.
- Put rugs in areas where people are prone to slips and accidents. Make sure that the rug comes with good gripping underneath so that it is set in place and does not cause slips, too.
- When mopping floors, use a good, non-greasy cleaning agent. Some have tried using dishwashing liquid mixed with water to remove oil, dirt and grimes better.
- Don’t leave the area wet, as this can cause the floors to be slippery. When mopping, immediately do another round of cleaning. This time, use a dry or soft cloth to aid in the drying. When spills happen, quickly sponge or wipe the liquid off. Besides, leaving water for longer periods can also damage tiles over time.
Ceramex are expert stonemasons and tilers specialising in:
- Stone polishing, honing cleaning and sealing
- Installation of stone floors and stone tiles
- Porcelain tile installation and polishing
- Concrete grinding and polishing
- Domestic, commercial and industrial surface waterproofing
All of these services can be provided by professional contractors who will ensure your tiling and stone work will stand the test of time. Call us at Ceramex for more specific details!